Masterclass for sustainable development 2020
From Friday 20 to Sunday 22 March 2020 at Scoutshuis Antwerp
The Masterclass gathers young people between the ages of 18 and 35 for a weekend of meeting & training on sustainable development. This year’s central themes are food and climate polarisation. The topics are deepened with four specific tracks that run parallel which allows us to work in small groups.
The sessions are a mix of presentations, workshops, debates and/or visits. They take place in Dutch or English. Participants choose one trajectory and stay within that trajectory during the weekend.
The organisation behind the masterlass attaches great value to diversity and inclusion. We strive for a mixed composition of participants: student and non-student, national and international, natural and human sciences-background, introverted and extroverted, etc. As far as possible, we try to meet the conditions that guarantee inclusiveness, such as the possibility of a reduced registration fee, a menu adapted to dietary requirements, a separate bedroom, sufficient choice of non-alcoholic drinks for during the free moments at night, etc. Above all, we try to create a safe and pleasant environment that allows everyone to develop to their full potential.
- Polarisation and conflict in the Flemish climate debate (Dutch)
- From factory farm to food forest: Innovatieve concepten in het Belgische voedsellandschap (Dutch)
- From factory farm to food forest: feeding the world in 2050 – debunking some myths on global food production (English)
- Low impact cooking track (English)
- 35 euro student
- 50 euro non-student
- Exemption from payment due to a personal financial situation is possible subject to approval. Please send your motivation to email@example.com